Pictures from the January 2011 Men's Group meeting:
On Saturday, November 13, 2010, Father Chris called a meeting of all Men of St. Marks. The meeting was chaired by Charlie Schiff. Pictures and minutes of the meeting are listed below.
November 13, 2010 at 0830
This was the first meeting of the Men of St. Mark. The meeting was chaired by Charlie Schiff and the items discussed are listed below:
1. Weekly breakfast after the 0900 service. All the men would be divided into teams and the four teams would prepare breakfast on their respective Sunday. This would bring everyone together from the two services for fellowship. The following men volunteered as Team Captains:
Charlie First Sunday
Gene Second Sunday
Willard Third Sunday
Sheldon Fourth Sunday
Will arrange their own menus.
2. Door Knockers printed Up. Father got information that young families are moving into the area in the neighborhood of Lowes. Those are the families we want to attract. If you take the time to put them on door knobs in your community. Get permission from HOA’s. Everyone should get it done before Thanksgiving.
3. Valentines Dance. Any interest on Feb. 12th. Music will be provided. Someone will bring a removeable dance floor. Formal dress? Majority thought it was a good idea.
4. Gene Straub talked about upcoming projects. Need help. Painting the church. Will hire out painting the walls, we will paint the trim. Out front, going to replace the rest of the siding on the front. Need two other people to help. They will try to do work on Saturday when people are off work. Dates and times: a weekend very soon. Gene will contact those that will help. Massey will be there to spray termite stuff on the wall before we put the new stuff up. Friday, December 3 will be the date. Start early at 0900.
5. Father Chris handed out the Morning, Noon, and Evening prayer cards he had printed up. He recommends that we make it a daily habit to pray these short prayers to help enrich our spiritual lives.
6. Father Chris believes the church is more about getting the congregation together and having fellowship than just going to church. We could get together on Friday nights or other nights and call them “Friday nights with Jesus”, serve a meal, watch a movie, or other activities. Sheldon thinks we might need a time and talent survey. Charlie sugggets that this be brought up at the next Vestry meeting.
Thanks to Charlie for coordinating the first breakfast.